For Lectrosonics Venue Receiver System
One of the benefits of Lectrosonics Digital Hybrid Wireless™ is its ability to operate with non-Digital Hybrid Wireless™ products, such as Lectrosonics 100 Series, 200 Series, 300 Series (European) and other analog systems. The Venue Receiver differs from other members in our Digital Hybrid Wireless™ line in that from one to six individual receiver modules can be installed in one master unit. Each receiver module can be operated as an independent switched diversity receiver, or as part of a ratio diversity or frequency diversity pair. The setup and operating of individual Venue Receiver Master units can be accomplished via front panel controls and LCD, or through a Windows® 2000 or XP based computer system running the VRpanel. This software is part of the LecNet2™ packaged distributed with each Venue Receiver.
This technical note covers using the LCD to discover or change (if necessary) the compatibility mode of a single Venue receiver module operating in switched diversity mode. For detailed discussion of setting up the Venue Receiver System for ratio diversity or frequency diversity, see the Venue Manual.
Discovering Current Compatibility Mode for an Individual Receiver Module
- Ensure Venue Receiver LCD displays the Overview Screen. If any other screen is displayed, press and release the front panel BACK Button until the Overview Screen is displayed.
- Press the Receiver Select Button corresponding to the receiver module needing its compatibility mode verified. This displays the Receiver Detail Screen for that receiver module. Pushing the same Receiver Select Button again, displays its Receiver Info Screen. In addition to displaying the receiver module’s location (in the example below-Rx1), operating frequency block and current audio attenuator level, it also displays the receiver module’s current Compatibility Mode.
- Verify the Compatibility Mode agrees with the transmitter associated with that receiver module. If the Compatibility Mode agrees, press and release the BACK button until the Overview Screen is displayed.
Changing Compatibility Mode for an Individual Receiver Module
- From the Overview Screen, press the MENU/SELECT Control to display the SetUpRx Menu.
- Rotate the MENU/SELECT Control to highlight Compat, then press the MENU/SELECT Control to display the Compat Setup Screen.
- Press the appropriate Receiver Select Button to display the Compat Setup Screen for that receiver module.
- Rotate the MENU/SELECT Control to select the desired compatibility mode. The selected compatibility mode will be displayed in the Compat Setup Screen and an abbreviation of the selected mode will appear in the associated Receiver Module Box. The available compatibility modes are:
- HYB- This is the factory default setting and works with all Lectrosonics Digital Hybrid Wireless™ (400 Series, 500 Series in Europe) transmitters. This mode offers the best audio quality.
- M 3 - Mode 3 works with a number of non-Lectrosonics analog transmitters. Contact the company for a list of compatible transmitters.
- 200 - This mode works with all Lectrosonics 200 Series and 300 Series (Europe) compatible transmitters.
- 100 - This mode works with all Lectrosonics 100 Series compatible transmitters.
- IFB - IFB mode works will all Lectrosonics IFB transmitters.
- You can either select another receiver module by pressing the appropriate front panel Receiver Select Button, or press and release the front panel BACK Button to return to the Overview Screen. Selecting a different receiver module results in that receiver module’s compatibility mode being displayed in the Compat Setup Screen and the Receiver Module Box being highlighted. To change that receiver module’s compatibility mode, repeat Step 4.