Miniature Time Code Recorder
- Professional quality digital audio recordings in Broadcast Wave Format
- Ultra compact size for easy concealment
- Records to microSDHC memory cards
- Wide range input gain adjustment for mic to line level signals
- Time code jam/sync from external source
- Standard Lectrosonics TA5M input jack
- Lectrosonics “servo bias” input preamp
- Solid machined aluminum construction
- Over six hours of operation on a single AAA lithium battery
When the distance is extreme or using a wireless microphone is not practical, the MTCR recorder can travel with your subject and capture professional quality audio, synchronized with timecode. It’s tiny size is unobtrusive and easily placed in garments and costumes, and easy to conceal when used as a “plant” microphone to capture environmental or location sound.
With a time code sync at the start of the production, the audio track is easily placed accurately in the timeline of a video clip. The industry standard .wav (BWF) file format is compatible with essentially any audio or video editing software.
The recorder can also be tethered to a camera to capture a higher quality or backup audio recording. The input connector is the industry standard TA5M jack that accepts any mic or line level signal and provides bias voltage to power a wide variety of electret lavaliere microphones. The input connection and wiring is compatible with microphones pre-wired for use with Lectrosonics professional wireless microphone transmitters.
Setup and adjustment is made through an intuitive interface provided by the keypad and LCD. In keeping with typical Lectrosonics mechanical designs, the housing is machined from a solid aluminum billet for the ruggedness needed in field production.
- 20 - 20 kHz frequency response.
- 105 dB(A) signal to noise (in HD mono mode), <0.035% distortion.
- Time code is SMPTE 12M - 1999 compliant.
- The MTCR is 2.3x2.1x.7 inches (60x54x17 mm), and weighs 2.5 oz (71 grams) with battery.
Important Memory Card Info:
WARNING: DO NOT PERFORM A LOW-LEVEL FORMAT (COMPLETE FORMAT) WITH A COMPUTER. DOING SO WILL RENDER THE MEMORY CARD UNUSABLE WITH THE MTCR RECORDER. WITH A WINDOWS BASED COMPUTER, BE SURE TO CHECK THE QUICK FORMAT BOX BEFORE FORMATTING THE CARD. WITH A MAC, BE SURE TO FORMAT AS “MASTER BOOT RECORD” AS SETTING.
Recommended SDHC Cards
We have tested a wide variety of cards and these performed the best with no issues or errors.
Here is a list of our recommended SDHC Cards:
- Lexar 16GB High Performance UHS-I (Lexar part number LSDMI16GBBNL300).
- SanDisk 16GB Extreme PLUS UHS-I (SanDisk part number SDSDQX-016G-GN6MA)
- Sony 16GB UHS-I (Sony part number SR16UXA/TQ)
- PNY Technologies 16GB Elite UHS-1 (PNY part number P-SDU16U185EL-GE)
- Samsung 16GB PRO UHS-1 (Samsung part number MB-MG16EA/AM)
- 1 - AAA Alkaline Battery
- 1 - microSDHC Memory Card
- 1 - Manual
- 1 - Beltclip
- 1 - M152/5P omni lavaliere microphone
Optional Accessories & Replacement Parts