For R400 Receivers used alone or as part of IS400 or TM400 systems
The R400 offers users the ability to automatically scan and lock on to the clearest frequency in the receiver’s frequency block range, or to use a built in spectrum scanner to locate clear channels.
Finding Clear Frequencies with SmartTune
- Ensure receiver and associated transmitter are turned off.
- Press the POWER/PREV MENU switch on the R400 front panel to turn on the receiver. After a few seconds, the Main Window will appear in the LCD. Push the MENU/SELECT control to access the TopMenu.
- Rotate the MENU/SELECT control to highlight SmrtTun, then press the MENU/SELECT control to start the SmartTuning process. SmartTuning automatically locates the frequency with the least RF interference within the receiver’s frequency block, tunes the receiver to that frequency and returns to the Main Window.
- Set the associated transmitter’s frequency switch settings to the Transmitter Frequency Switch Setting displayed in the Main Window.
Finding Clear Frequencies with the Scan Function
- Ensure receiver and associated transmitter are turned off, and either disconnect any audio equipment attached to the receiver, or minimize input levels at the attached equipment.
- Press the POWER/PREV MENU switch on the R400 front panel to turn on the receiver. After a few seconds, the Main Window will appear in the LCD. Push the MENU/SELECT control to access the TopMenu, then rotate the MENU/SELECT control to highlight Scan. Push the MENU/SELECT control again to start the built in spectrum scanner.
- View the LCD while the receiver is scanning. The vertical marker will move across the display from left to right. RF activity will be indicated by dark areas in the display. Look for clear channels in the spectrum where there is no RF activity. To stop scanning (but not exit the spectrum scanner) press the MENU/SELECT control. This displays a Coarse View window. Rotating the MENU/SELECT control in this window moves the cursor in the direction of rotation in 400 kHz increments. While the scanning is underway or stopped, a quick double press of the MENU/SELECT control zooms in to the Fine View window. Rotating the MENU/SELECT control in this window moves the cursor in the direction of rotation in 100 kHz increments. (Press the MENU/SELECT control once to return to the Coarse View window, or twice to resume spectrum scanning.)
- After locating a frequency where no RF interference is present (or with the minimal RF interference), press the POWER/PREV MENU button to exit scan mode. “Use New Freq?” will be displayed in the LCD along with the new frequency and the option to select the new frequency (YES) or return to the Main Window without making any changes (No). (NO is the default selection.) Rotate the MENU/SELECT control to select YES or NO, then press the MENU/SELECT control to store the selection and return the Main Menu.
- Set the associated transmitter’s frequency select switches to the setting displayed in the receiver’s Main Window.