WD Firmware Update v26Nov2018
M2R v2.05 (SUPER)/v2.05 (FPGA)
- Fixed bug in diversity receive system which caused it to be inoperative or to underperform.
WD Firmware Update v08Nov2018
M2R v2.05 (SUPER)/v2.04 (FPGA)
- Switched to new high-resolution audio format which delivers superior performance. This new format is NOT compatible with the original Duet format. If this version is used, all components of the Duet system, M2T and M2R, must be upgraded for interoperability. Alternatively, newer components may be downgraded to v1.x firmware for use with older components if desired.
- The audio output limiter has two new pregain settings, -3 and -6, for quieter output when required.
- The audio output limiter settings page now has a gain reduction meter.
- The audio output limiter can now be switched off altogether if desired.
- Audio meters have been rescaled, placing zero at the top of the scale. Also, the indicators now turn yellow at -6 dBFS instead of -20 dBFS.
- Indicator LEDs can now be turned off. On the main screen, the UP and DOWN arrow buttons can be used to do this.
- The volume control taper is now selectable: log (default) or linear.
- The master volume control can now be locked. An indicator of volume lock status now appears on the main screen.
- A bug which caused poor RF performance in FlexList Listen mode in certain cases has been fixed.
- Correct reversed audio polarity in headphone output.
WD Firmware Update v23Aug2018
M2R v1.12 (SUPER)/v1.12 (FPGA)
- Fixed bug which sometimes caused poor RF sensitivity in FlexList "Listen" mode.
- Corrected reversed polarity of audio output.
WD Firmware Update v20Feb2018
M2R v1.11 (SUPER)/v1.11 (FPGA)
- Added "Earphone Type" selection. When "Mono" is chosen, a mono (tip/sleeve) headphone plug may be used without shortening the battery life. Select "Stereo" when using a stereo (tip/ring/sleeve) headphone plug.
WD Firmware Update v25Jan2018
M2R v1.10 (SUPER)/v1.11 (FPGA)
- Added, frequency, numerical volume setting and mix mode indicators to the main display page.
- Added SmartTune feature.
- Further improvements to squelch operation to prevent loud drop-outs.
- Doubled the scanning speed.
WD Firmware Update v13Dec2017
M2R v1.03 (SUPER)/v1.06 (FPGA)
- Apply log taper to volume control for finer resolution at low levels.
- Improved squelch operation to prevent loud drop-outs.
WD Firmware Update v16Nov2017
M2R v1.03 (SUPER)/v1.02 (FPGA)
- Fix bug causing erasure of the unit's serial number when the "set to factory defaults" feature was invoked.
WD Firmware Update v25Oct2017
M2R v1.02 (SUPER)/v1.01 (FPGA)
- Further improvement of RF meter accuracy.
- Change default frequency to 512 MHz to match M2T.
WD Firmware Update v12Oct2017
M2R v1.01 (SUPER)/v1.01 (FPGA)
- Improved accuracy of battery "percentage remaining" reporting.
- Improved accuracy of RF signal strength metering on both main screen and in scan function.