- Professional quality digital audio recordings in Broadcast Wave Format
- Ultra compact size for easy concealment
- Records to micro SD cards (HC) type - Class 10, UHS-1
- Wide range input gain adjustment for mic to line level signals
- Time code sync from external source
- Standard Lectrosonics TA5M input jack with "servo bias" preamp
- iXML file header support (firmware v2.0 and newer)
- Solid machined aluminum construction
- Over six hours of operation on a single AAA lithium battery
The PDR (Portable Digital Recorder) is designed for HD quality professional use. For situations in which the distance is extreme or where using a wireless microphone is not practical, the PDR recorder can travel with your subject and capture professional quality audio, synchronized with timecode. The tiny size and rounded shape make the PDR unobtrusive and easy to place in garments and costumes, and easy to conceal when used as a “plant” microphone to capture environmental or location sound.
The PDR records in 24 bit, 48 kHz digital onto a Micro SD card (HC type) in the industry-standard .wav (Broadcast Wave File) format. The PDR can be jammed to external time code via the standard 5-pin Lemo connector. A headphone output jack allows for monitoring the signal input or listening to previously recorded files.
The input connector is the industry standard TA5M jack that accepts any mic or line level signal, and provides bias voltage to power a wide variety of electret lavaliere microphones. The input connection and wiring is compatible with microphones pre-wired for use with Lectrosonics professional wireless microphone transmitters with servo bias type inputs.
Setup and adjustment is made through an intuitive interface provided by the keypad and LCD. In keeping with typical Lectrosonics mechanical designs, the housing is machined from a solid aluminum billet then hard anodized for the ruggedness needed in field production. The PDR runs for over 6 hours on a single lithium AAA battery.
- 20 - 20 kHz frequency response.
- 105 dB(A) signal to noise (in HD mono mode), <0.035% distortion.
- Time code is SMPTE 12M - 1999 compliant.
- The PDR is 2.3x2.1x.7 inches (60x54x17 mm), and weighs 2.5 oz (71 grams) with battery.
Import Memory Card Info:
WARNING: DO NOT PERFORM A LOW-LEVEL FORMAT (COMPLETE FORMAT) WITH A COMPUTER. DOING SO WILL RENDER THE MEMORY CARD UNUSABLE WITH THE PDR RECORDER. WITH A WINDOWS BASED COMPUTER, BE SURE TO CHECK THE QUICK FORMAT BOX BEFORE FORMATTING THE CARD. WITH A MAC, BE SURE TO FORMAT AS “MASTER BOOT RECORD” AS SETTING.